Business Administration: International Management focuses on the strategic management and organization of Multinational Entreprises (MNE's).
International Management aims to familiarise you with a variety of important international management issues, such as globalisation, national culture, regional integration agreements, international strategies and structures of MNEs, and the entry modes they can use to enter foreign markets.
Other focus points are on the main strategic decisions that top managers of MNEs have to make in the international arena and the ways in which the regulatory and socio-cultural institutions of countries and regions differ from one another. For instance, how does an MNE's international strategy influence its organisational design? Why is institutional variation of critical importance to MNE's? And what factors influence managers' choices between different entry modes, such as licensing agreements, joint ventures, and full acquisitions?
€ 2060 / jaar
Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae with their application form.
In addition to a preferred Business Administration specialisation like International Management, students may choose from a wide range of elective business administration courses like branding, leadership, management consulting or sustainability. This gives students the opportunity to tailor the programme exactly to their personal preferences and skills.
International Business Context (6 EC)
International Strategy (6 EC)
Theories Master's course of another track (6 EC)
Theories of International Management (6 EC)
Introduction to the Thesis (1 EC)
Thesis Proposal (4 EC)
Analysis Workshop (1 EC)
Method Workshop (2 EC)
Business Seminar (1 EC)
Electives (12 EC)
Master's Thesis(15 EC)
For more information about courses and electives please visit www.coursecatalogue.uva.nl.
Where do our graduates work?
Graduates can be found in a wide variety of business and public organisations, including:
* management consultancies;
* multinational companies;
* marketing agencies;
* entertainment industry (broadcasting companies, theatres, museums etc)
* entrepreneurial firms;
* non-governmental organisations;
* governmental and regulatory agencies;
* retail companies.
What positions do our graduates have?
* Database marketeer at WE Europe;
* account manager applications at Oracle;
* advisor at Ernst & Young;
* product marketeer at TomTom;
* talent community manager at ING Insurance;
* marketing manager at Philips;
* junior product manager at L'Oreal;
* sales executive at Denso Europe;
* CEE distributor sales operations at Nike;
* junior marketing associate at ABN AMRO Bank;
* customer service specialist at Unilever.