The Research Master's combines theoretical courses on the production, use and impact of information and mediated communication with a training in the conduct of academic-level research.
The Research Master's in Communication Science is a two-year Master's
programme especially developed for students with above-average aptitude and ambitions who are looking for an excellent programme in Communication Science research.
We assist students in designing a study programme suited to their theoretical and research interests:
* substantive courses (42 ECTS) in field of corporate, persuasive, entertainment or political communication.
* research methodology plus an optional research internship (54 ECTS)
* participation in ASCoR's ongoing research (6 ECTS)
* Master's thesis in the form of a research project (18 ECTS)
Upon successful completion of the programme, students are awarded a Research Master's of Science (MSc) degree in Communication Science.
It is possible to transfer from the regular one year Master's programme to the Research Master's programme in Communication Science. Check our website for more details about the process and application dates.
€ 2060 / jaar
We assist students in designing a study programme suited to their theoretical
and research interests:
* theoretical courses (42 credits)
* research methodology plus an optional research internship (54 credits)
* participation in ASCoR's ongoing research (6 credits)
* Master's thesis in the form of a research project (18 credits)
Lecturers, research, written work, presentations, thesis.
Excellent job opportunities in the Netherlands and abroad await graduates of the Research Master's programme in Communication Science. The two-year Master's programme qualifies graduates for jobs in which conducting high-level research is central. The programme also qualifies students for (semi-) governmental research organisations such as social and cultural planning offices or statistics bureaus. Graduates are also in an excellent position to apply for a PhD position.
After completionof the programme students will have knowledge of theories of communications and media research, research designs, data collection methods, measurement techniques and data analysis techniques.
Tuition fees are adjusted annually. For up-to-date information, please see www.uva.nl/collegegeld (Dutch students) or www.uva.nl/tuition (international students).