In the European Studies Master's programme Identity and Integration you study Europe's contemporary challenges of cultural diversity and identity.
The Master's programme Identity and Integration offers:
* A cultural and historical approach to current issues of diversity and identity in Europe.
* A unique combination of History, Cultural Studies and Modern Literature.
* Thorough training in a comparative analysis of Europe and in the analytical and communicative skills that are essential in a professional research and policy environment, both at home and abroad.
The programme is aimed at students who are interested in the intersections between culture and politics, and in current debates about national and European identities, cultural diversity and Europe's past, from a transnational and comparative perspective. This is an expertise highly relevant to many parts of Europe's contemporary political, governance and business environment.
Perceptions of Europe and policy-making processes are the primary themes of European Studies at the UvA. How do Europeans perceive themselves? There is a special emphasis on culture in Europe. The Humanities perspective on European affairs is unique and taught by prominent experts in the field. The programme's staff has extensive expertise in various aspects of Europe, both past and present.
€ 12025 / jaar
€ 13225 / jaar
The Master's in Identity and Integration comprises 60 ECTS credits:
* 18 credits for core courses.
* 24 credits for electives.
* 18 credits for a Master's thesis.
The Master's programme European Studies: Identity and Integration provides a valuable foundation for students intending to teach or conduct independent research, or who are considering a career in advisory organisations, government and European Union institutions, international organisations or one of the many writing professions.
Upon completion of the programme, students will have an insight into various aspects of European identity and integration, and will have the necessary skills for conducting independent research on a relevant topic.
Tuition fees are adjusted annually. For up-to-date information, please see www.uva.nl/collegegeld (Dutch students) or www.uva.nl/tuition (international students).